Saturday 5 January 2013

London Culture: Art and About


This year I have decided on a New Year's Resolution that I can actually keep, to experience more culture in London. First up was a trip to the Wellcome Collection. I had read a few reviews about their current exhibition 'Death: A Self-Portrait' so decided to go and see it. Death might seem a bit of an odd choice for an exhibition but it was actually very interesting charting, how death has been viewed by various societies throughout history, plus some very interesting pieces and works of art influenced by death. Did you know that humanity (wars, murders, suicide) is responsible more deaths than any other cause. Unfortunately you can't take any photos of the exhibit itself but I did take a few snaps of the venue.







I then headed to the Southbank and wondered around for hours, snapping away as I went








I couldn't walk past the Tate Modern without popping in for a mooch around. Lucky for me, the gift shop had a huge sale on so I couldn't resist picking up a few bits...



I am totally in love with this skull magnet by Damien Hirst...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. They make my day, so do leave me a little note xxx