Sunday 25 November 2012

I ♥ Scotland


Last weekend I visited Scotland for the first time and I absolutely loved it and can't wait to go back. Reason for this little jaunt, this was birthday celebration number 3 for our dear friend whose actual birthday was FIVE weeks ago. Talk about dragging it out! I thought I was bad insisting on a birthday week but I've been trumped. Just goes to show that boys are bigger divas than the girls. Uh huh, yeah I said it.

Saturday morning the 4 of us headed to Kings Cross to catch the 8:00 train to Edinburgh. Starting as we mean to go on, it was beers all round by 9:00, which was probably the reason for this behaviour.


Me and my Bestie, Lady Lop

The plan for the weekend was to have a nice lunch, visit Edinburgh Castle and see Chase and Status at The Liquid Rooms. We managed 1 out of 3. 

Rather than stay at a hotel, we rented a 2 bedroom apartment for the night at The Cannon Court. Priority on arrival was a booze run so we sent the boys to Tesco for supplies. Didn't quite expect them to return with a trolley! (they did take it back the next day)



James, Mickey 'Birthday Binge' Coletti, Kirsty
Me and the boys
Having stocked up we decided to venture out and explore Edinburgh via a mini pub crawl.
Next time I visit I would like to do it slightly more sober as I didn't fully get to appreciate the beautiful architecture, although I did manage a few snaps...



I'm childish and I know it.


The rest of Saturday is a bit of blur, but we did meet up with the Scottish contingent (as our friends will now be known) and here we all are at The Liquid Rooms, getting our skank on to a night of drum n bass


On the way home to London we stopped off for few drinks at Edinburgh station and to say goodbye to our friends.




I ♥ Scotland

2 comments:

I love reading your comments. They make my day, so do leave me a little note xxx