Thursday 7 June 2012

Handbags at Dawn

Paul's Boutique. Love it? Hate it? Never heard of it? What's your view. Mine personally is that it is a mid quality, affordable brand with a cute range of bags. However, that's just me and I hadn't really had any reason to think anything else, until today that is. 


#banpaulsboutique was trending on twitter today and my first thought was "why". Dig a little deeper and I found that a considerable sized chunk of the blogging community loathe Paul's Boutique because of the brand association with teenage girls. I was surprised to see that a post by www.britishbeautyblogger.com  discussing the Maisie bag received a backlash including a comment that they were the most hated bags in the UK. Harsh, maybe. It got me thinking though. How many of us would boycott a brand we once loved because a market segment we didn't identify with stared using it?


Personally, if I like something, I'll wear it and not care who else might have the same thing because for me, it's a question of style. My handbag can be more than just an extension of my outfit. If you wear it as the focal point, you'll learn there is more than one way to rock a bag.
And while we're on the subject, I thought I'd share the contents of my bag with you...
My (in my opinion) Gorgeous, Sexy, Maisie



And here is everything I've managed to cram in it today

These are the bits from my make up bag
Moxie Tampon Tin
Ibuprofen
Sleek Concealer
Nail Files
Clean and Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets (essential for my shiny by 10:00am face!)
Carmex Lip Balm
Blusher Brush
Hand Sanitizer
Garnier Hand Cream
Sleek Blusher
4Head Headache Balm
Plasters

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments. They make my day, so do leave me a little note xxx